Monday, March 19, 2012

Chapter 14



EPOV

I had worked in the business long enough to know what was real and what was fake, and there was not a fake fiber on Bella.

I had seen so much, Botox, collagen, ass implants, hair implants, you name it and I had seen it. What angered me was how Bella thought that she needed to be fake to fit in, to be like everyone else.

I was desperate for her to see her how I did and I hoped that the little stunt in front of the mirror would help her see that. Didn’t hurt giving her a little test either, which she passed with flying colors.

I needed to see how she reacted to me, my close proximity to her and my touches.

After we grabbed her a few outfits, we made our way over to a private viewing of high range lingerie and I had a problem reeling in my horny teenager side as I thought about Bella modeling for me.

Just the thought of her in satin and lace, all skimpy looking, had me harder than steel and it was not good, not just yet. I wanted her to trust me, not think that I would shove her up against the nearest wall and fuck the living daylights out of her if she showed some skin.

I wasn’t stupid though, I didn’t think she would openly ask me, but if the opportunity arose where I could step in and help, I wouldn’t say no.

Seeing her in her pale yellow underwear in the last store had been a close enough call to bringing me to my knees.

The other four chose different stores to shop in, so it was just Bella and myself as we walked into the lingerie store and Bella instantly froze up when she looked around.

“Remember what I said, sweetheart,” I cooed gently in her ear as the sales lady walked over to us.

“Good afternoon and welcome to Peau et de la Dentelle, how may I help you today?” she asked professionally and I felt Bella shrink towards me ever so slightly.

I carefully wrapped an arm around Bella’s waist, letting her know that I was here with her as her eyes scanned the lady and then the store.

“We’d like to purchase some items for Bella here,” I smiled widely as the woman’s eyes scanned Bella’s body.

“I take it that you’re a size ten? And your bust size is a 34C, am I right?” she asked kindly as Bella’s eyes widened and she nodded.

“Don’t worry, it’s her job to know what body type and size you are,” I whispered in Bella’s ear as the sales lady walked around the store.

“Everything looks so expensive,” she murmured as she looked around at the display stands and I had to fight not to growl at her.  She was obviously not used to this lifestyle, and I knew it was going to take some adjustment on her part to learn to let go.

“They are, but quality is what you want in something like this and quality costs. Just think how you will feel, having expensive material brushing right up against your body,” I trailed my fingertips over her arms, feeling her skin pebble under my touch, “No matter how pretty you want to look, maybe for your boyfriend or partner, ultimately, you have to make yourself feel and look good for you and you alone,” I whispered again as she shook her head slightly.

“I don’t have a boyfriend,” she murmured with a blush.

“And what about Alice?” I asked, digging.  I knew her relationship status, but I wanted to know more about her and Alice.

“My best friend, we’ve done... stuff, but we’re not dating,” she blushed again as if she’d just been caught letting go of a secret.

“So you like girls?” I hedged, desperate for her to say no, but feeling a little reaction down below at the idea of her saying yes.

“No, just Alice, she’s different, she’s special to me,” she said softly as she slowly walked over to a stand housing a display of corsets.

“They’re pretty,” I mused as I thought about her wearing the black and silver one.

“It looks like you wouldn’t be able to breathe in them,” Bella said with a small smile.

“They’re actually quite comfortable, as long as they’re fitted correctly,” the sales lady said as she walked back over to us with a few items.

“I just have a small selection to start with, just to check your skin tone, would you like to follow me?” she asked and Bella nodded silently.

Before she followed the lady, she picked up my hand and tugged on it.

Score, she wanted me to go with her!

Christ, now I sounded like Emmett.

“Please don’t leave me on my own to do this,” Bella all but hissed as the lady showed her to the dressing rooms.

“Would you like to stay out here, Sir, or would you like to stay with your girlfriend?” I saw the twinkle in her eye when she asked.

“I’ll stay with her, if that’s okay. Would you please make sure that there is a wide selection, money is no object,” I said with authority, but kindly, as the lady’s eyes widened.

“Of course, Sir, I’ll be right back,” she simpered, no doubt thinking of her bonus.

She left us alone and poor Bella looked lost again.

“Talk to me,” I chuckled as she sat down and then stood up again.

“I’m nervous again and I hate feeling it. I’m not normally like this, but you make me feel nervous,” she stuttered without looking at me.

“Why do I make you nervous, Bella?” I asked as I took a carefully measured step towards her.

“Because you do, I can’t explain it,” she mumbled again as she looked down at her intertwined fingers.

I finally stood in front of her and I moved some hair from her face as she looked up towards me, her eyes soft, but guarded.

“You have no reason to feel nervous, but I do. I can’t tell you why here, because now is not the time, but I feel very nervous and guarded around you,” I smiled softly again as she tilted her head to rest in the palm of my hand.

I watched as her eyes kept darting between my eyes and my lips.

I wanted it too, I wanted to kiss her, desperately.

I slowly and very carefully dipped my head low enough, giving her room to either tilt up and join me, or back away.

She tilted.

Her lips met mine with uncertainty and this is what I had been waiting for. Nothing fake, nothing rushed or scripted. This was natural, just the way it was supposed to be.

A swift knock on the door made us pull apart, but not before I kissed her once more, and then I backed away to answer it.

“Oh, I thought you would be undressed by now,” the lady giggled slightly as she handed Bella a neat pile of items to try on.

“Thank-you,” Bella blushed again as she looked at the pile of satin and lace.

“Would you like me to stand outside while you get in and out of the items?” I asked and she gave me an apologetic nod of her head.

I kissed the top of her head and left the room, in one way grateful that I didn’t get to see her naked... just yet.

I don’t think I was ready to cope with that.

1 comment:

  1. I don't like that he keeps wanting her to trust him, it makes me uncomfortable. Honestly, the whole thing is making me uncomfortable and I keep chanting in my head "is fiction, relax" over and over again...

    If I didn't know what this was all about and what kind of person Edward is, I would have been screaming "GET THE FUCK OUT OF THERE" a long time ago. *sighs*

    ReplyDelete