Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Chapter 6



EPOV

As the days slipped by, I tried my hardest to keep my mind on the job and not what dad was getting in the way of replies to the email we had Angela send out.

He'd told me that they'd had a handful of replies already, but he was waiting for more to come in before we all sat down and went through them. This was when Jasper and Emmett would be brought in for their consultation.

They knew about the rejects and a little of the ones we had kept, but not what they looked like. They were both chomping at the bit to find out who would be on board, but we were holding back for the time being.

It was actually quite funny to see Emmett pout all the time when I said no to him. He was a playful soul with a hard past and I think he used his humor to escape some of the harder things in life.

We would be watching every video that was sent to us, personally, and I prayed to God that Isabella would send in hers.

I didn't know what it was about her, maybe her innocence, possibly, but as the days went by, I was thinking about her more and more.

In the end, I decided that my infatuation with her was because she was wholly unconnected with the industry, which sent alarm bells ringing.

Did I want her to be? Would I really want her here, to taint her?

"And cut!" someone shouted from behind me.

I smiled at Jessica, kissing her gently on the nose before I stood up.

"I'll see you in a bit," I said as I turned around and picked up a towel.

"Oh my God, would you look at that be-hind!" Emmett squealed jokingly as he ran over, dropped to his knees and started to fondle my bare ass, "It's so lovable and squeezable and kissable, and round and tanned, and I want to kiss it and bite it and pat it... " he laughed like a girl from the valley and then planted a kiss on it.

"Get off, you dumb fuck," I laughed as a few other members of staff did too.

Yeah, this was the funny side to Emmett.

"I just want to pay homage to the world's most perfect specimen of ass," he joked as he stood up.

"Yeah, yeah, come on, I have to hit the showers before our meeting with dad," I smiled as I wrapped the towel around my waist and started to leave the set.

"So, got any good girls for me? I know you have seen a few, any that stand out for ya, is there, is there?" he goaded like a five year old as I opened the bathroom door and shut it in his face.

"I hate you!" he called out through the door with a laugh and I smirked at his playful banter.

"Ya love me!" I called back as I dropped the towel and started up the shower.

Hopefully by the end of the day we would be at a place where we could personally contact the people that stood out for us. Being pretty is good, sounding like a fog horn or donkey is not.

They had to have a slice of everything for this business and the main one would be how they came across on the camera.

If they didn't, we couldn't have them.

It was harsh, and the pace of this life was harsher, but that's what you had to put up with if you wanted to work with us. Dad was a fair boss, but our clients weren't.

They had their own tastes, likes and dislikes, and we always had to bow to what they wanted.

It was a cut throat industry where age, gender and looks were against you, but if you had that special something, you could go really far.

I was done quickly in the shower, so I dried off, got dressed and headed towards the kitchen.

Thank God for a working lunch meeting.

"No, I'm sorry, but we want a natural for this. Her picture and voice are good, but those breasts are not natural," mom cut in as she ejected the DVD and put it in the 'no' pile.

I loved it when mom got going.

She was kind and loving, but she had an excellent business head and when she flipped that switch on, no one stood in her way or questioned her.

Ever.

"I agree, natural all the way, even if they are small," Emmett joked as he made grabbing motions with his hands.

"Grow up, Emmett," I chuckled as I nudged his side.

"What? Oh come on, I'm all for natural beauty, but sometimes you just need a little more," he said innocently as Jasper laughed.

"More than a handful, my friend, is a waste," Jasper said as he continued to laugh as dad put in the next DVD.

"NO!" we all cried out as soon as the poor girl opened her mouth to speak.

"Christ, she sounded as though she had a peg over her nose. Could you imagine it, she'd sound like a moose when she came!" Jasper laughed to the point where he had tears strolling down his face and it was so hard not to join in with him.

Even mom was having a hard time holding in her giggles.

So much for being the business head of the family.

"Let's move on, shall we?" dad smirked at us all as the next DVD went in.

"Hi, I'm Lauren. I don't really know what you want to know as we haven't exactly been told about the job, but this is me," she said with a fake smile plastered on her face.

"Eh, she's seems to be an okay choice," Emmett sighed, not exactly thrilled.

"I agree," I cut in and the rest nodded as the DVD went into the 'keep' pile.

"Oh hot damn!" Emmett called out as the next one played.

He was like a fish out of water as he stared at her image on the screen.

"Hi, I'm Rosalie Hale. I'm twenty-two and ready to try something different in life. I'm currently going through a painful divorce and I just need a break into something else. I forgot on my form to fill in my hobbies, so here goes, I love cars. From vintage to modern cars, I love tinkering with them, to get out of them the best possible performance. I also pole dance for a living, not in clubs, though, I teach lessons to anyone, from gay men on a night out to pregnant classes to improve flexibility, anyway, that's me," Rosalie finished talking and we were all stunned.

She was a stunningly beautiful blonde and there was not an inch of fakeness about her.

She was good on the camera and her voice was soft but firm.

I liked her and saw that I could work with her in the future.

"She's in the keep pile," Emmett stressed firmly and we all agreed. I think it helped that she was a car nut-job, just like Emmett.

Went through a few more DVD's before we came across the one I really wanted to see.

"I don't know what to say, Alice," Isabella's voice started as a murmur, unsure, as the video started and she looked as nervous as hell, but it was a good quality to have in such a beautiful face.

She was shapely and had some great curves to her, and unlike some of the others girls we'd seen, she wasn't stick thin. That was always a bonus.

The other girl, Alice, gently stroked her finger down Isabella's cheek and then smiled softly at her.

"Just be yourself, Bella, they'll love you, just like I do," she smiled again and you could see the tension leave Bella's body.

I could also see the potential of her fitting in when she handled the caress of another woman so easily, so readily.

'Bella' the name suited her well.

Alice moved out of the shot slowly as Bella's eyes moved back up to the camera.

I was captivated by how much she could express in her eyes and other features and I was desperate to know more.

It was like I was holding my breath, just waiting for her to talk, to do anything!

"Hi, I'm Isabella, Bella, Swan. Both Alice and I live in a small town outside of Seattle and we're kind of desperate to get away," she let out a tiny laugh and it sounded like a really cute snort, if a snort could be cute, "I really don't know what else you want to know, Alice, can you help me out a bit?" she asked her friend and after a minute, Alice came back into the shot.

"Hi all, I'm Alice Brandon and you asked for my video too, so I hope you don't mind. Bella and I have known each other for years and I suppose you could say we're like chalk and cheese. Bella likes to read, and I like to shop. I like loud music and Bella likes classical pieces. Anyway, we're totally opposite, but you know what they say about that. So, this is us, best friends."

She gently wrapped her arms around Bella's waist and you could see that they were more than best friends.

I wouldn't say that they were lovers, not by Bella's form that I'd read, but there was certainly something between them.

"I hope there's two positions available so that we can both get a job, I don't think I could bear it if one of us had to be separated from the other," Bella murmured as Alice went to turn off the video.

"Well if there isn't, I hope you get the job, because you're too pure for a town like this." Alice's final words struck a chord with me as the video ended.

"Wow, I like those two, they have a great connection, so palpable," mom said softly as she ejected the DVD and locked eyes with me.

I gave her a small nod, answering her unspoken question and then looked down to my fingers.

"I agree, so come on, let's make the choices," dad mused as we all got our business heads on.

I tried my hardest for the rest of the meeting to keep my business head on, but the image of Bella kept coming back to haunt me. I got the impression from the video that she was miserable where she lived, and I just hoped that if we offered her the job, she would be willing to take it.

I wanted to see her away from all things that upset her and that thought alone scared me.

This wasn't an infatuation with her.

It was more.

And I was screwed.

1 comment:

  1. He was screwed, sure. I bet he was screwed many times! Sorry, but that joke wrote itself... LOL

    ReplyDelete