Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Chapter 20



EPOV

It didn’t take long for Bella to drift off to sleep, even though she had slept for a little while earlier.

Earlier.

Christ, to see her grinding down on Rose and then kissing her was more than hot and while she was busy, we had all shared a look.

A knowing look that told us that Bella would be fine with what dad had planned for everyone.

I drifted off to sleep with my arms tightly wrapped around Bella and a small smile on my face.

~*~

“Good morning, sleeping beauty,” Bella giggled lightly as she ran her fingers through the front of my hair.

It felt amazing to actually wake up next to someone instead of saying ‘thanks for the lay, I’ll see you on the next shoot’.

“Mmm, it is a good morning if you’re lying next to me,” I chuckled, my eyes still closed.

Her touch was almost hypnotic and such a sensual thing to wake up to first thing in the morning.

“Well that’s a shame because I’m sitting next to you, not lying down,” her sweet giggle ran through me and made my cock twitch.

I opened my eyes to see that she was already dressed and ready to start her day.

That caused me to pout.

“You showered,” I noticed as I took in her wet hair.

“I did, and all alone, too,” she smiled again as I sat up.

I looked at the clock next to the bed and grinned as I noticed that it was nearly nine.

“It’s been a long time since I’ve woken up this late,” I said happily.

“You look like a little boy,” she giggled as I got up out of the bed.

“I feel like it to be honest. It really has been a long time since I had a really good night’s sleep. Normally I’m up by five and don’t get in to bed before midnight, if not later, so yeah, I feel good.” I stretched next to her and as she stood up from the bed, I wrapped my arms around her tightly.

She smelled divine and although I was a little sad to have missed out on a shower with her, I knew it was way too soon for that step.

Didn’t stop me from thinking about it though.

“Today we’re going to be talking about the job, is it okay if I say that I’m a little nervous?” she asked against my chest and I smiled.

I knew that she was strong, but I was waiting for the questions and hesitation to start.
It doesn’t matter what shield you put up or how strong you act, no one could walk into this situation and feel completely at ease with it. I grew up with it surrounding me and sometimes I still felt a little uneasy about certain things.

“Of course, I wouldn’t have thought that you’d be okay with everything that was planned. We’ll talk through it and you can look at the paperwork and then later on we can go somewhere, just the two of us, and talk over everything properly. I’ll take you through this step by step,” I said as I pulled away.
I would guide her through this and together, I thought, hoped really, that we would be able to have something really special.

I knew we had a lot to work on though, and first things first, we needed to have a talk with dad about what exactly he wanted from all of us.

“That sounds like a great idea. At the moment, I’m just thinking of it like a reality TV show, I mean, they have sex on Big Brother, don’t they? Even if they do try and hide it and deny everything.” She smiled sweetly, innocently, and it caused me to laugh.

“Yeah, that’s a good way of thinking about it, for now at least.”
~*~

We were ready to start the meeting, but we were just waiting on Rose and Emmett to come down.

We’d eaten breakfast out on the deck, at the back of the house, and as soon as we’d finished, they were a little too quick to go back upstairs.

“They didn’t waste much time,” Bella giggled in my ear as she sat on my lap.

It was truly amazing how we had adapted over the last twenty-four hours and how close we had become, but I wasn’t exactly singing and dancing just yet.

I had a sneaky suspicion that Bella was putting on a front, acting stronger than what she actually was, but I just had to wait and see how she took to this as things progressed.

“Nope, but Emmett never does pace himself,” I wiggled my eyebrows at her, causing her to blush and then giggle.

“You would have thought that she would have kept her legs shut a little bit longer though, don’t you think?” Alice chirped in, causing Bella to growl.

“Alice, what did I say last night about judging people?”

“I don’t know, I can’t remember word for word, how about you remind me because that kiss was hot!” Alice giggled, causing us all to laugh and Bella to blush.

“Quit it, you know what it’s like anyway,” she mumbled into my neck.

“Okay, we can start, the stars are here!” Emmett boomed as he walked into the dining room where we were all sat.

“Emmett, please be serious for a moment,” Dad tried hard not to chuckle as Emmett sat down opposite me and pulled Rose into his lap, mirroring us other couples, apart from mom and dad of course.

“Right. I take it, ladies, that the guys have filled you in things?” The girls nodded, so he continued, “Okay, well today will just be running through a few things and talking out any concerns you may or may not have, but I do want to stress that if you have any concerns, don’t be afraid to speak about them. Nothing will work if you’re not totally honest with us. How does that sound?” With a few nods to the head and some mumblings of agreements, dad pulled out a file with a stack of paperwork and lists in it.

“Here’s what we, the company, propose and I want your honest opinions about each thing listed. You can use a pen to circle or highlight any issues and put notes in the boxes provided on the sheets. When that’s done, we’ll talk over each issue and go from there. I really do want this to work out, not just for the company, but also for you as individuals,” dad finished talking and smiled as he handed all of us the sheets of paper and a pen each.

It would be difficult to do this while Bella was on my lap, but there was no way I was ready to move her.

0 comments:

Post a Comment